Adjustment of Status

American immigration laws permit the change of an individual’s immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is “adjustment of status.” In other words, Adjustment of Status is the process of obtaining the green card without leaving the United States.

Many times, a foreign national needs the advice of an experienced immigration attorney to advice her on whether or not she qualifies for adjustment of status. South Florida Immigration attorney, Jorge L. Delgado has more than 15 years of experience representing foreign nationals applying for adjustment of status based on family and employment petitions.

If Adjustment of Status is not an option, then the foreign national must travel abroad to obtain the immigrant visa. The process of traveling outside the United States to receive the green card is called Consular Processing.

Contact Us

Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

You may schedule a consultation with the immigration attorney by calling our South Florida immigration law office at (954) 927-6254 or email us at

Website design and SEO by Marketing Elements Inc.